The digital team are looking for a lead developer to join their agile development team to support a programme of transformational change and maintain current applications.
You will lead a team of developers to design and build solutions to meet business needs, ensuring the design is fully integrated at all levels and that business processes are adapted and implemented appropriately. You will also work closely with the digital project manager, UX designer and front-end developer to deliver high profile applications.
You will be someone who:
• Can set the technical direction for the development team and ensure best practice is followed to maintain a consistent and cohesive development environment.
• Can communicate the steps involved in the delivery of technical solutions in a way they are understood by the wider team to provide visibility and manage expectations.
• Build relationships with stakeholders to gather information required by the development team to build solutions.
• Can support project delivery by estimating effort and driving efficiencies in the development team.
• Can produce quality documentation for development work to support the maintenance of applications.
• Can talk through live projects and explain lessons learnt.
• Has experience in leading teams and pushing expectations.
• Has a collaborative and inclusive working style and encourages knowledge sharing and learning.
What is on offer:
• Influence – you’ll have the opportunity to build up the tech capability, bring change and make a positive contribution across an organisation, people, and membership.
• Ownership – your self-motivated working style will allow you to take advantage of having the freedom and space to be trusted.
• Leadership – you’ll be accountable for the learning and delivery of your development team.
• Challenges – we are a small team with a long to-do list and big ambitions.
You’ll be tasked will solving complex problems with lots of uncertainty; it makes celebrating success all the more rewarding!
• Passionate colleagues - you’ll work with a team who are keen to learn, improve and lead the way.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
The post requires an individual who has experience in leading a team of developers and has skills in developing with modern technologies.
Leadership and influencing are also key attributes in order to implement change in a positive and inclusive way. The post holder must display strong development skills and be confident and competent in support and development.
The Lead Developer must have experience in leading and managing projects ensuring the requirements are met within the given timescales.
Experience in an Agile approach to project management will be an advantage.
Experience in effectively communicating with business stakeholders is critical to success.
A proven track record in taking a solution/problem solving approach to creating innovative and efficient solutions.
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
.NET / C#
SQL Server 2015-2012
HTML5 / CSS3
Continuous deployment / integration (e.g. Octopus / Team City)
REST / WCF